Stake your claim to your next insurance job with a comprehensive resume. For inspiration, view the sample resume below and download the insurance claims processor resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about insurance careers on Monster.
Insurance Claims Processor Resume Sample
Sometown, NY 11102 | (718) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Insurance Claims Processor – Automobile Line Specialty
Dedicated insurance professional experienced in investigating and processing automobile insurance claims. Excel at analyzing damages, interpreting policies and negotiating payment solutions. Effectively manage multiple, high-priority projects and take pride in providing exemplary customer service.
ABC Insurance Company – Sometown, NY
Claims Processor, 7/12 to Present
Analyze claims to determine extent of company’s liability, make approval or denial decisions and negotiate settlements with claimants in accordance with policy provisions. Collaborate with insurance agents and interview claimants to correct errors, rectify omissions and investigate questionable issues.
- Achieved the highest number of inspection appointments (out of 162 colleagues) in 2016. Surpassed goal by averaging 45 appointments monthly (33% above quota).
- Selected by supervisor to assist with file closures; resolve complex claims-processing issues; participate in quality-control audits; and monitor status updates.
- Maintained a superior quality rating of 94% in file handling and claims resolution, exceeding the 85% departmental goal.
- Provided optimum service to policyholders, negotiated fair settlements and identified fraudulent claims.
- Received three Top Performer Awards and a Service Excellence Award.
DEF Insurance Company – Sometown, NY
Associate Claims Adjuster, 6/10 to 7/12
Supported claims adjusters in processing hundreds of first- and third-party auto insurance claims.
- Accompanied underwriters and insurance agents in the field to investigate claims and determine cause and extent of damages.
- Uncovered fraudulent claims scheme; provided evidence leading to the recovery of thousands of dollars in insurance overpayments.
- Developed a strong understanding of insurance policies and legal issues through completion of a series of INS classes coupled with in-depth, multi-week claims training.
Bachelor of Science, Major in Business n ABc UNIVERSITY – Sometown, NY
Completed training in auto insurance terminology (parts, repair and medical procedures), NYS regulations and customer service delivery.
13 Merchant St
Newfield NSW 2222
0000 000 000
(02) 6666 8888
70 Lucky St
Sydney NSW 2000
Dear Mr Accident,
Re: Insurance claims officer position, REF: 35GG
I am writing to apply for the position of Insurance Claims Officer, as advertised recently on SEEK.com.au.
I am a highly organised, thorough and motivated professional with solid experience in claims management, and a background in customer service. I am currently employed with Twinstar, a household name and industry leader in motor vehicle insurance.
In my present role, I am responsible for managing, preparing and assessing claims, and liasing with clients, underwriters and loss adjustors to settle legitimate claims in a manner consistent with corporate guidelines and legislative requirements.
Throughout my claims experience, I have been driven to forge the appropriate and professional balance between maintaining optimal business outcomes and achieving customer satisfaction. This has involved denying claims where fraud was detected or the claim deemed illegitimate, and also liaising with repairers and suppliers to settle claims quickly.
I possess an analytical mind, and am very much a team player who thrives in a stimulating and dynamic environment. I possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
I have a Diploma in General Insurance, and a Bachelor of Financial Services. These qualifications, in addition to my customer service and claims management experience, have given me the industry perspective and technical expertise necessary for any future role in insurance. I am proficient in all Microsoft applications and various data management systems.
My goal is to continue learning and developing my expertise in my future role. I believe that I would be a perfect fit for Surething and that this is a role in which I could continue to exercise and broaden my claims skills and progress within the organisation.
My resume is attached and I look forward to being able to discuss the position with you further.